Brown Muff Department Store, Bradford

Brown Muff Department Store, Bradford
Brown Muff Department Store, Bradford
Brown Muff Department Store, Bradford
Description
Exterior view of Brown Muff department store, Bradford 1953. The store was initially established as a clothes shop on Market Street in 1814 by Elizabeth Brown. By 1822 the store had expanded to a book shop and library. The store continued to expand and by the 1960's it had branches in Bingley and Skipton. In 1978 Brown Muff was taken over by Rackhams, which was later taken over by House of Fraser. In 1995 House of Fraser closed the Bradford store. The Skipton store kept the Rackhams name, but finally closed to the public in 2019.
Image filename
H19126
Collection
C. H. Wood
Purchase options
Required information
Media options
Other items like this